Recently I surveyed my subscribers with a simple two question survey to learn more about what kind of content they want me to produce.
SurveyMonkey was the software I chose to build my survey. I found the tool very easy to use and it probably took me less than an hour to build my survey.
The free version of SurveyMonkey offers free surveys with up to 10 questions and 100 entries per survey.
Below are the reporting graphics & information SurveyMonkey gave me after my survey was complete.
What Social Media Sites Would You Like to Learn More About?
According to the 100 people who took my survey there is the most interest in LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter and the least interest in Pinterest and YouTube.
What other online success topics would you like more of?
These other online success topics reveal to me that survey respondents want to know about SEO, Blogging, WordPress, and Email Marketing and not so much about Affiliate Marketing, Copywriting, and Motivation.
Overall what did I think of SurveyMonkey?
SurveyMonkey is a solid tool. Wish it was more obvious from the start that reporting on only 100 responses are available as a part of the free version.
If anyone knows of a free survey tool or a cool survey plugin please let me know in the comments!
Survey Building Tip
If you create a survey with SurveyMonkey or any other surveying software make sure to include an “Other” field where people can give feedback make suggestions.
20 people who took my survey left written feedback, which I have copied below to give you an idea of the typ!
1. HOW TO MARKET MORE EFFECTIVELY ON THE INTERNET AND HOW TO MONETIZE AND PROFIT FROM MY WEBSITE.
2. All of my work is high-level Enterprise/B2B. Hence LI as my prime choice.
3. Love your creative ways to reach people ;-)
4. Anything to help improve my content.
5. I find all of your information useful in some way or another, so please keep up the good work! :D I do have a specific concern regarding copyrighting as regard to social media though, so any advice would be very much appreciated!
6. Cheers and thanks.
8. This has nothing to do with the question, I just wanted to thank you for great information. Although I don’t read all of your e-mails (basically because I don’t have the time), the content I’ve read is great! I absolutely loved your article on “50 Awesome Email List Building Tips”, which gave me some new ideas on how to build my own list. So again, thanks, and have a great day! :)
9. Just curious. I have a sports league and want to see the best venues to advertise and notify.
10. It would be very good if you can send list for solo ads, paid traffic, so this kind of information.
11. You rock Garin!
12. Garin, Thanks for all you do.
13. The variety of info I already receive is great. Thank you!
14. Internet/ Digital marketing
15. Being recognized by others on Facebook and having a link from them.
16. All KPI linked to social media… thanks again for all you share, I really appreciate it !! :)
17. traffic – pref social media traffic
17. My answer is “Other”= SALES and not Motivation.. ;-)
18. I am a blogger already. I do all of this now but not to the full potential. Thanks!
19. List building. PPC
20. Mobile marketing and design
As you can see there is plenty of cool info here that I can use to help me make better decisions about the content I create.
Thanks to this survey I can move forward and create content knowing without a doubt that it will resonate with my audience.
Have you ever surveyed your audience or customers before? What did you learn? What software did you use?
Social Media Income Lab
Check out my new Social Media Income Lab video and discover my most powerful social media income generating strategy.